Monday, September 1, 2008

whose the better man

I have been hearing a lot about the elections. People are unhappy with the way the country is headed. The war is winding down, but that doesn't seem to calm them. The housing market went all to hell but it will come back with some tinkering. I know if you are one of those poor devils who got talked into buying more house than you could afford, it may come too late. I am truly sorry someone didn't give you better advice, but in the final analysis it on you man.

So now we have Obama and McCain on the ticket I ask myself who is the better man. In the end when all the chips are down that's what it comes down to. I think the answer is clear.

On one side you have a great speech writer/wimp and a slick politician. A politician who has to even twist the circumstances of his family's death for political gain. On the other you have a great American hero and a governor who knew in advance her child was going to have Down's syndrome and had the child anyway. I'm not that pro life myself, but you have to respect her for what she did.

As Hilary Clinton asked, "Who would you want on the phone at three A.M.?

No it has nothing to do with Motorbikes, except that it takes balls or the equivalent in women, whatever that is, to ride these bikes. I can't believe that any self respecting biker (even motor bicycler) would vote for a wimp anytime. Hell people the Governor of Alaska is a better man than Obama. As the Saturday Night Live skit said he needs to 'MAN UP'.

Oh, I will still be a proud American (unlike his wife) even if he wins. What will be equally bad is that we are headed for a congressional super majority and a democratic president. Together they can do the country a lot of damage. This country will weather it. We always have, but undoing the damage may take my grandson's lifetime.

That is the downside, the upside is I, most likely, won't be around to pay the tab.

No comments: