Friday, September 12, 2008

the best laid plans ect

Well I decided that I could not wait any longer for the weather. I tried to pedal the bike just to see how that went and found the I scraped both my ankles. the motor mount was too close.

So I moved the motor mount. Still did it. I added a 1" piece of wood to raise the mount. Still did it. I changed the crankset for a smaller one and it barely misses now.

I readjusted the clutch and throttle then on a whim I started the engine and took off. I didn't even wear my helmet or fill the tank, I just took off on a one mile test track ride. The controls are different so I'm a little uncoordinated on them right now, but the bike is a winner.

The 42cc engine climbs every hill on the test track with ease. No people power needed at all. It actually runs out strong on the hills not a single whine from it. This is from an engine that is pretty much worn out.

No comments: