Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thursday bloody Thursday.

Still raining so I'm going to work on the clutch lock today. I have a half assed idea.

I'm going to drill a hole in the frame. A small one going through only one side of the pipe. I'm going to put in a screw through that one side. I think I will even mix up a little epoxy for the head so that it won't get loose. That should work as a clutch lock. I can put enough washers on the clutch leaver to make it line up so that it will either slide over or lock on the head of the screw depending on how much force I put on it. I have to be able to lock it up for stop lights and release it after I get the bike moving.

Starting a friction drive from a dead stop has to be really bard on tires, even if you could make it work. My balance is bad enough that I can't start it with less than two hands on the handle bars. Three would be better but the monkey refuses to ride with me.

No comments: