Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday morning again.

Today the work on the bike should be minimal. Mostly my plan is to ride it. Actually I need to ride all of them today. I did ride the china bike last week down to buy some parts at th store. I haven't cranked the WW or the small chainsaw bike in a week. I think I will ride the big chainsaw bike a few times then take the others out for a couple of miles on the test track.

My test track is screwed up thought.I have never described the short test track so let me do that so you get an idea how it goes. I have one block of flat run in which I can build just a little speed. Then I have a moderately steep hill, I usually have to pedal varying mounts depending on the bike. Also the difficulty depends on the bike.

Then there is a stop sign (which I usually run) and long downhill run. Then there is another moderate incline about the same length as the first hill. I can usually get up it with just a little pedals on the 30ish bikes. the forty eats it up.

Then comes a short slight incline before I turn the bike around in the road and head back.

The reverse run give me a slight decline to build speed, then a short moderate decline to build even more speed before I go into the long moderate incline. The incline lasts for more than a city block. The 30ish bikes run out of steam about 3/4 of the way up and need a little help. Not much just a little. The 42cc eats the hill up and is still accelerating when I reach the end.

For the short track I made a left turn and go one block down a moderate hill, then I turn right and the track is one block to the end. At that point I life the motor and pedal a half block on the sidewalk to my house.

The problem now is that the City has laid a six inch (guess) flex line from the fire hydrant across the road at the end of my first block of the track. They covered it with dirt or some low grade asphalt to keep cars from ruining the flex line. It is temp I know but it has really screwed up my track.

I can go out on a major road in front of my house and avoid that stretch, but I have to really pick my times to ride to stay away from the traffic when I start out on a new bike. So for the next couple of days, it is going to be ride between the traffic I guess.

Even so I need to ride all three of my homebrew bikes.

No comments: