Thursday, September 25, 2008

thursdays test rides

One of the bikes lasted just few minutes with the new covers for the wheel. The other one did better. That one had jb weld original recipe. I let it cure over night.

I got some new directions for applying the jb weld and sand so maybe I'll pick up the stuff to make it tomorrow. It's supposed to rain this weekend so I might just be able to make some up and try it. Frankly I have more faith in the sandpaper and gorilla glue. However if the jb works better I'll use that.

The 42cc skips even with a better cover on the drive wheel. I think it is probably too much engine for friction drive.

One thing I need to turn my mind to is the way the coaster brake lever is secured to the frame. Frankly it is a pain it the butt to change the tires on a coaster brake wheel only because the lever is so much trouble to take off and on. I'm thinking it might be time to change the way that hooks up. Right now I'm thinking take a large pipe clamp cut it in half. Bend the cut ends back and drill a hole in them. then attach one to each side of the coaster brake lever. That way I would have the open ends on top of the brake lever which would be a hundred times easier to work with. When I change out the tires next time I'm going to do that.

No comments: