Tuesday, September 9, 2008

wasted days and wasted nights

I worked on the 42cc chainsaw bike today. Again nothing went right with the clutch. i finally gave up and went to the home depot and bought a ten foot piece of conduit to make the lever. When I got back I spent at least an hour adjusting the brake lever cable that I planned to use to work the clutch. Finally after at least and hour I had it close enough to try riding it without the engine.

I learned that on a full suspension bike when you plot your butt down the relationship between the engine and the handlebars change. All the cable were out of whack. I decided to go with the pure suicide clutch. At least that is my thinking at the moment.

Not sure about the throttle cable but I expect it will need adjusting as well.

I also discovered had a lot of pulls on the recoil starter with no luck that the rope on the drive wheel works a hundred times better. One pull and it fired right up. Tomorrow the recoil starter goes in the trash.

No comments: