Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Trip the mall

I rode the bike with the smaller controller to the mall for my walk this morning. The ride down was mostly downhill so it was okay. The ride back however was a different story. I had to climb one wicked hill in traffic so I chose to ride a different route home.

The hill was more wicked but it was without any traffic at all. I worked my butt off getting up that hill. The motor did not seem to be any help at all. it is true that it was a very, very challenging hill so I want to try another one more realistic. that is my project for a few minutes from now. I left the house with the batteries hot off the charger. When I came home after a two mile ride they were reading 13.24 which is still almost full power. It ran the two miles on surplus charge only so that part seems to be an improvement.

I'm going to ride down to the shopping center. It has a big hill on the way home but there is no way to avoid all the hills on a ride so now I will see what the bike with the small controller will do real world.

With the thirty amp controller it will run up the hill with no pedal assist needed, but I am sure this is going to require some how much is the question.

No comments: