Wednesday, July 7, 2010

As promised, I took the bike down to the shopping center. It did okay... I think I need to learn how to pedal assist. I keep trying to get the speed up to the motor speed on level ground and it just ain't going to happen. I think I need to let the motor do more of the assisting. I feel like, if I let the speed bleed off enough, I will be able to just pedal it like I was on a level surface. I will have to check it out on my next ride.

I have also been working on my battery pack. I started this because I wanted a battery pack so that I was able to replace a couple of pieces without a major effort or outlay of cash. I lost sight of that and was trying to save pennies again. I now have decided that, when a battery over heats for any reason, it is probably best to check the cells inside the damaged string and toss any that show any signs of wrapper deterioration. I have been trying to repair them with vinyl tape but they seem to fail again anyway, so I'm just going to toss them from now on.

I figured I needed a minimum of 20 strings to make a 25amp discharge battery. So I put together one 20 string battery and I have 14 strings ready for the next one. I am supposed to have another 14 strings on the way so that will give me enough plus a few extra to make repairs with or to add more ah for range.

Tomorrow is another day/.

No comments: