Thursday, July 15, 2010

since I've used the chain drive all I have been doing is testing stuff. Well that is until this morning. This morning I needed gas for the lawn mower, so I rode it to the service station. It wasn't far but there is a wicked hill on the way down and then on the way back. It is one of the test of how a bike performs. With the 25 amp 36v controller it was a challenge. With the 30amp controller it rolls eight up it like a little mountain goat. I felt so good about it that I tackled the very steep grade of my driveway and it did just fine. This bike seems to be a winner alright. Yesterdays test of the combined battery pack seemed to go very well. So all in all, I think the bike's motor and battery system are very good. My one complaint is the suspension system I need to find a full suspension frame to move everything to. I'll just keep an eye on the thrift shop and craigs list and eventually one will come along.

No comments: