Sunday, July 18, 2010

I was at the friction drive bike again this afternoon. I got the motor with the bicycle hub for a drive wheel onto the bike. I even took time to fix the kickstand that won't hold the bike up.

Now I have to see what the drive will do. It has to go faster than it did before. How that will transmit to torque or hill climbing remains to be seen. I could always rewire it without the controller just to see how it would run at 36v with a big time controller on it. I just really don't want to do that since the sudden torque of the motor when it is hit with 36 volts it will rattle your teeth.

I should know something tomorrow. I kind of look forward to learning something new from all this experimenting. So many guys my age just sit down and do nothing physical when they retire. It keep life interesting and fresh to constantly try new things.

No comments: