Friday, July 9, 2010

I put the low amp controller on the bike to get more range. Then I accepted that I had to pedal assist the bike. I put on a small chain ring so that I wouldn't have to pump so hard to get the bike started or climb hills. It all works fine on small inclines or short steep inclines, but it is a bear on long steep inclines. I actually had to pull over to catch my breath on one today. I think I didn't let the bike set the pace. I was trying to force it to go the speed I wanted not the speed it wanted to go. The bike workout is more fun than the walking around the mall so I'm going to stay at it.


I am also going to build the rhino again with the big motor and the big controller. I want at least one bike that I can jump on and run to the store for a box of nuts and bolts. But I'm also going to keep this one as is. I want to be able to ride it for at least a small workout. Actually I probably should put the big controller back on this bike and the small on a rhino with a 500 watt motor. It would most likely give me an equally good workout. I think I might just do that over the weekend.

No comments: