Monday, November 24, 2008

I test ran it

I test ran the engine and it did fine. Even better after I adjusted the carb linkage. That carb does not have an idle adjustment so I just adjusted the cable to keep it from retuning fully. That seems to work for now. I might epoxy a bit of plastic on it somewhere to make a throttle stop.

I am turning my attention to the 42bike to see if I can get it to start again. It ran the day I broke the shaft so it should run now. I just have to rig a starter onto it now so that I can try it. I usually wrap a rope around the drive wheel but I can't do that now that I have just a sprocket on the short drive shaft. I'm going to have to find a way to start it from the flywheel side.

I have a lot of recoil starters laying about I will have to rig something up.

No comments: