Monday, November 24, 2008

carb experiments today..

I moved the gas tank closer to the engine and it still runs out of gas after a few seconds of running on that gas that was pumped in. it is pretty cold so I'm taking a warm up break before I go back to it.

I am going to try one more position on the gas tank before I move on to a different carb. I haven't elevated the gas tank above the carb yet. If it is just a weak diaphragm not a dead one, that might do the trick. Those of you who have siphoned gas know that if the tank is higher once you get the gas flowing it will continue to flow. I'm hoping that will do the trick.

If it doesn't i will be trying to go with the simplest carb I have first. I have one with a built in bulb and choke. That would be the carb of choice if the big one is a bust.

No comments: