Thursday, November 13, 2008

comtemplating new build

I just won a non working engine on ebay. If I can get it to run, I have to decide what to do with it. I have the full suspension bike I would love to use it on but that bike broke off the drive shaft of the chainsaw engine. I am sure it would have no problem popping the shaft on the small blower engine.

I have the engine from the poulan on the other good bike I have. I guess I will remove it and put the Blower engine on it. If I can make it work that is. I think I will do that reed valve adaptation then use the big carb and see what the bike will do. That engine and the homelite are about the same size and with the adaptation they might run the same. I will have to be more careful with the gasket on this one though. Also before I mount it I am going to make some changes to that frame so that there isn't any stress on the engine case. Or at least minimize it.

No comments: