Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Best laid plans...

The store bought motor kit died on me. At least it was good enough to die nearer to the park than to the pier. I still had to pedal the dead weight of the hub motor home. It was a hassle both the ride home and the searching for answers. I spent all my spare time for the next day or so looking on line for answers and then getting discouraged by the prices of repair parts. Everything was much cheaper in the kit.

Finally I just gave up. I trashed all the controller related parts and put the wheel on craig's list. I almost gave it away but I had no use for it. I ordered the parts to make my smaller pusher motor. What I couldn't get on line or have delivered, I picked up at home depot. As long as I waited until the maintenance crew left the manager had no problem with me using the truck. I missed my welder but I still had my drill. Red lock tight would replace the welder for a while. The pusher didn't really require a welder but it would have made it easier.

I sat back at the end of the second day and waited for the parts to arrive. Laura and I had dinner on Wednesday night as was my new routine. In between Mary would deliver food and call me on the phone.

Mary was strange for sure... She asked for my email address on the day the bike broke down. An unknown woman showed up on my instant messenger list the next night. Too much coincidence, I thought, especially since the woman wasn't trying to sell me anything.

No comments: