Thursday, April 9, 2009

gettin' stronger

I might just become an advocate for the healthy life. Okay probably not but I took the bubba bike out for a spin. I took it down to the local chicken joint to buy some cold slaw for dinner tonight.

Yes I have made this trip before on the bubba bike and there were a couple of hills that kicked my butt. Not so today. Today I pedaled hard up them alright but I wasn't gasping for air when I got up them. I got home feeling pretty darn good about myself. Maybe there was some unknown hand guiding me when I bought the undersized motor. I have to pedal hard now and then but it seems to be helping me improve my stamina. The biker god works in mysterious ways,

Also I took a good look at my experimental bike. The one I will be putting the pusher motor on. It has a friction drive front wheel drive already. I might just leave that as well. It would give me a total of 650 watts of raw power.

Here is the real beauty of it. I began a while back putting an extension cord female end on my battery pack and a male end on the motor. Now I can plug both motors into the cord. I can remove either of them at will. Sometimes you just have to get lucky.

All in all a good day so far in E-Bike land. AkA sparkville, NC. The good thing about being the only bike builder in Sparkville is I get to be the mayor. Wonder if I can get my title changed to Mayor of Sparkville

No comments: