Monday, February 2, 2009

the kit comeith

Yes I broke down and ordered a bike kit. I went electric because I have already done a gas kit. I enjoyed he gas kit completely but the e kit is safer for me these days.

funny thing about it. I told my wife that once I bought the kit the friction drive would work. Last night I realize how to do the friction drive using a scooter motor. There is one set of motors that would work for sure.

I could buy one of those for about thirty bucks. The sprocket on it has a hub and pin connection. All one would have to do is to weld a 1/2 in nut onto the sprocket while it is on the motor. You would have a quick easy connector for any drive you wanted to use. Why It took me so Long I don't know but I do know I'm going to save a bike to put a friction drive on cause most likely I will build one later on.

In the mean time while I wait for the kit to arrive. I am going to continue trying to salvage a motor here.

I also need to get a bike ready for the new kit. I will need to buy one from the thrift store for the. Both of the frames i have now have been drilled for tests so the frames are weak and they also have the wrong crank sets. I need to find one the right size and with the right crank set. Shouldn't be all that hard to do.

No comments: