Wednesday, February 11, 2009

it's alive

I got the hub motor bike running and it is really a pretty good improvement over the friction drive bikes. Most likely I will begin looking for ways to shortcut the hub motor kit. It really doesn't need all the junk in it.

You have to have a controller for a brushless motor and I think all hub motors are. You need a throttle probably but. I'm not sure it is absolutely necessary. You don't need (at least I don't) the pedal assist control system.

Lock outs and keys are silly. Electric brake levers are foolish as well. Turn the throttle off and the regular brakes will do just fine. Batteries are probably less expensive if bought outside the kit.

The total cost of my kit when I add the batteries and shipping in is $325. I am satisfied with that.

No comments: