Friday, September 3, 2010

So its the morning after the big meltdown. It didn't really seem to do any damage, so today I'm going to ride it on the trail before I make any decisions. However I have always said when I piggy back those battery packs (mixed nimh and sla) the power band is different. I might put on the 25 limiting amp controller and piggy back the power source and see how the motor runs that way. I need things to occupy me anyway.

I was a little surprised to see that the power pack was still high in voltage after over a five mile use on the 12ah sla, even up and down hills. My test track is two miles of short steep hills and a long gradual one. There are a lot worse hills around town but those tend to give me a good indication of how the bike is going to perform.

Anyway today I will test the battery controller combos I expect.

No comments: