Friday, September 10, 2010

I recalculated the number of batteries I need to make a pack at least thirty amp hours strong. It came out to eight more amp hours. With the number of amp hours I have in the pack now, it came to another eight amp hours at 36v needed. I have a 12v 15 amp hour battery I use to power my compressor now. I can reconfigure that to 36v 5ah so I need 35v 3ah to complete the pack. At least to the point of minimum full service, I think. I count each string of aa batteries as 1ah so I need 9 strings of ten or ninety batteries. I ordered them last night. It will be a month at least before they arrive but that's okay.

Im going to add them to the aa pack I have now. It will make the pack 20ah minimum. Most likely it will be a little over that since the strings claim to be about 2800mh or 2.8 ah. I figure they are about half that or 1.4 or so ah.

They claim that the c cells ore 9000 mh but I figure them more at 4ah. So I honestly won't know what the ah of the pack is when I get it finished. I know I have way too many battery packs, but my desire is to have enough to ride the bike for several short trips per day. keeping one pack on the charger all the time.

No comments: