Friday, October 24, 2008

I started it

I got the bike to start on the first try. I redid the throttle and it is ready to go now. I need to redo the gas lines. I have five feet of gas line coming from ebay, but I think I will stop at the home depot and get two feet to rig this bike tomorrow. I want to ride it. When the welder gets here and I'm ready to use it, I plan to make a 1/2 inside diamerter pipe drive and a 1 1/4 outside diameter drive. it has a 2" drive on it now. The 2" won't quite climb the hills but I think the 1 1/4 will be a good all purpose drive. The 1/2 which is going really be about 5/8 inch will work as a hill climber. This might prove a good test for what drive wheels really do.

I bought an angle grinder last night. I think I am going to grind flat spots onto the drive wheels. That should give me some push on the tire without sanding it down.

No comments: