Tuesday, July 22, 2008

results and todays plan

Well I went to the store and bought the drive parts. I assembled them and ran some of the tests. the engine went screwy on me. I'm not sure what it will do today. I think the problem is too much tension on the drive wheel and too many hills for this type bike. I have to keep thinking this is going to work out because I have been on the cusp of success only to have not be quite what I wanted.

The tire jb welded to the metal drive wheel was a bust but it lasted long enough to overheat my engine i fear. If it did any permenant damage I'm not sure. Today should tell me.

I am going to destroy the muffler on a brand new engine today. I know that isn't really very smart but I want to know what it will do. So it's take the muffler off first thing and drill holes in it. Since Im not sure where to drill them it will be pretty much hit or miss.

I also have a drive wheel I made yesterday with tire bits epoxied to the pvc joint. that makes the wheel much larger. It should be intersting.

I also may work on the 25cc engine today. I know I should wait till i have a bike but I want to know if I can make the 25cc run. It should be an interesting project.

So I have plenty to do.

I also need to check out the china bike it didn't start well yesterday. I think I might need to clean the filter and at least check the plug and wire. Something didn't act just right.

No comments: