Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I have decided to restart my journal here. I will try to make a post each day just to keep a record of the mistakes I make.

I have built a new ebike. It is a chain drive souped up ebike. Souped up not in that it is faster than lightning, just faster than it would be if stock. It has a 26" mountain bike frame, with 20" wheels and tires. The rear wheel has two sprockets with free wheels. One is for the pedal chain and the other is for the motor chain, I pull a trailer filled with batteries. I have a set of older 17ah sla batteries and piggy backed to them is a set of nimh batteries I am building. At the moment they have about 20 ah and appear to discharge on a one to one level. I will have to get to 30 am to get the bike to run even close to an sla battery pack. I am still working on that.

Today I found a radar trailer on a residential street, so I ran the bike up to it and found that it pulls at 19mph on level ground. That isn't a lot but it is enough for me.

I also ran the batteries flat later in the day and had to push the bike home. There was enough left in them so that the bike could pull it's own weight and the batteries just not my fat ass around. So now I am changing batteries and Hope I don't do that again.

2 comments:

Oldfool said...

I thought you were dead. Glad you're not. Post a picture and keep it up. Those of us who are moving in that direction thank you for helping us avoid mistakes.

deacon said...

Thank you... I have become a little weary of the bike forum I belong to. Far too many guy want to throw money at the problemd rather than try to work through it.

Not only that they seem to think those of us who want to learn how to do more than write a check are somehow inferior. Well I welcome any comments from anyone here. You don't have to agree with me to be welcome here.

It's time to just chronicle my efforts.