Wednesday, January 6, 2010

total and complete failure

The front wheel drive was a miserable failure, It was just too far out of balance. I rode it a few miles but in the end it was just too dangerous. I moved the motor back to the rear and now trying to get the thing more dependable.

The big issue now is trailer security. A flying trailer is not only likely to leave me stranded today, but also puts pressure on the wiring which left me stranded a day later. Not to mention it could easily have struck someone as it rolled along the road out of control. i think a cable tying it to the bike as a secondary safety measure is the answer. that is todays project.

2 comments:

Lee's Workshop (Packratworkshop) said...

How are you connecting the trailer that allowed it to get away?

The reason I ask is that I found a pretty simple way to do it that locks the trailer on tight until you decided to remove it.

Unknown said...

I love to see blogs like this!!! I work for E-BikeKit and we sell electric bike conversion kits. Check us out; we support our customers 100%. www.e-bikekit.com
You can get a kit with a front or rear hub motor; they're smooth, clean and easy to install.