Sunday, August 2, 2009

Today I began thinking about building my own drive instead of using the scooter wheel as a drive. I ordered a small sprocket. It should give me a good gear ratio for the drive of a 6inch wheel rather than the eight inch one I am using now. Also the wheel I picked up is much smaller. I hope it works okay. It will be a couple of days before all the parts come in.

I will see what I see. At the moment it is more about acceptable performance than it is about cost. I would like to get decent performance with the inexpensive 350 watt motor and then improve it by using bigger motors. I think I want to go friction and discard the pusher drive even though so far it is the best home built I have done ebikewise.

I did get a good trailer built using scooter tires. That is always a good thing.

No comments: