Thursday, November 20, 2008

backward step

I went back to the round canteen gas tank. Then of course the carb that worked last week stopped working. Couldn't even get it to take gas. But I wasn't happy with it anyway so I switched it out for the carb from the 42cc bike. It might actually do better. I will be waiting to see. I got the engine to start with it, but then I just shut it down. I want everything to be working when I start the engine again.

I will be working tomorrow on a different kind of lift for the bike. It isn't a cable or a lever it's a pull bar lift. I'll have to make some pictures after I get it working. One thing I am going to have to do is force myself to lower the engine gently. That might have been the death blow for the 42bike. Just dropping the engine rather than gently engaging it.

I have been bolting and welding every so far but tomorrow I'm going to just weld a handle on my lift rod. I'll see if I have gotten any better.

No comments: